Forum Guidelines

BeccaBecca Posts: 3 Ooni Team Member

Welcome to the Ooni Community!
This is the place where you can discuss all things pizza, share outdoor cooking tips and hang out with fellow foodies. Think of it as one big, awesome dinner party - and please remember that everyone likes good table manners.

Keep it tidy
When you join a thread, please read through the existing messages first: this helps keep the great conversation flowing. Before you start a new thread, have a quick look around to see if a similar one already exists. Multiple threads about the same topic make things messy and nobody likes cooking in a messy kitchen. We’ve also got a search option that we love - please check it out.

We’re not keen on cold callers interrupting the party: no unsolicited advertising, please.

Be kind
Sharing expert tips is encouraged and friendly banter is always welcome. Occasional disagreements are fine (some things really are a matter of taste) but need to be handled in a respectful way.

Please take a moment to read over your post before hitting ‘Submit’. Double check you’re still discussing the topic, not the other person. Avoid writing in all capitals and using obscene language (yes, even if it would really add some extra flavour to a great story). Make an effort to be more polite than you think is strictly necessary.

If you feel that someone else is not extending the same courtesy to you, please let the moderators know and they’ll be happy to help out.

Comments

• abscamabscam Posts: 16
    Becca, how do we change our icon to a photo or something else? Mine is locked...
    dopiazapiefacemozzafella
  • piefacepieface Posts: 12
    Is there a limit on image size? My images won't load. :(
    I think this Community page is a great idea - not everyone wants to use Facebook. I do hope it catches on. If I may, a couple of suggestions to ensure it survives and thrives.

1) A more prominent link to the community from the Ooni website. Not everyone looks at the fine print at the bottom of the main page.

2) More frequent monitoring of the forum - the first question posed by a member in this thread is now a day old.

3) More complete guidelines and usage tips - e.g. image size - When I first tried to post an image nothing happened and no explanation/error message was provided. Yeah, I figured out there was a 1MB limit on image size but then I've been in the tech industry for 40 years - not everyone would figure this out.

Thanks!
    DrDave
    As abscam asked above, how on earth do we add a photo to our profile???  :/

• mozzafellamozzafella Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    I'd like Tapatalk integration, it plugs into virtually any forum software and will give users s better mobile experience, plus it has in built notifications
  • KevinKevin Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    abscam said:
    Becca, how do we change our icon to a photo or something else? Mine is locked...
    Hey! Here's how to change your profile image:

• UnholyPizzaUnholyPizza Posts: 37
    pieface said:
    Looks like it's only enabled for forum administrators at this time.  I would assume the option would have to be enabled for all other members  :)
    Lewis - UNHOLY PIZZA
    Ooni Pizza Taste Tester

Give me a follow on my social media accounts:
    InstagramFacebook - Twitter - YouTube
    pieface said:
    I've added a new discussion page that shows how to do this :) 

https://community.ooni.com/discussion/48/changing-your-profile-picture#latest
  • mozzafellamozzafella Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Kevin said:
    pieface said:

Also not an option on the mobile theme
    Kevin said:
    pieface said:

This should be possible now. Can you give it a try please?
    UnholyPizza
  • UnholyPizzaUnholyPizza Posts: 37
    Kevin said:
    Kevin said:
    pieface said:

This should be possible now. Can you give it a try please?
    Looks like it's open enabled now (including quotes & signatures too :D )
    Lewis - UNHOLY PIZZA
    Ooni Pizza Taste Tester

Give me a follow on my social media accounts:
    InstagramFacebook - Twitter - YouTube
    Kevin
    pieface said:
    I think this Community page is a great idea - not everyone wants to use Facebook. I do hope it catches on. If I may, a couple of suggestions to ensure it survives and thrives.

Thank you for your feedback - This is really useful!

1) A more prominent link to the community from the Ooni website. Not everyone looks at the fine print at the bottom of the main page.

We will be adding a link in the future :)

2) More frequent monitoring of the forum - the first question posed by a member in this thread is now a day old.

Agreed - We're on this all the time but this question was missed. Apologies!

3) More complete guidelines and usage tips - e.g. image size - When I first tried to post an image nothing happened and no explanation/error message was provided. Yeah, I figured out there was a 1MB limit on image size but then I've been in the tech industry for 40 years - not everyone would figure this out.

Good point - We'll look to add this too. Thanks again :) 

Thanks!

• HolyPizzaHolyPizza Posts: 71 ✭✭
    What is the function of "Notifications" at the moment? Is it when someone quotes you or mentions? 
    Andy | Holy Pizza Instagram
    HolyPizza said:
    What is the function of "Notifications" at the moment? Is it when someone quotes you or mentions? 
    You can adjust your notification preferences :) If you click on the 'world' notification icon, you can click "Notification preferences".
    HolyPizza
  • Dres_DEDres_DE Posts: 86 ✭✭
    It would be nice if inserted links would open in a new window and not in the current window - are there some settings to modify this?

Dres
    Dres_DE said:
    It would be nice if inserted links would open in a new window and not in the current window - are there some settings to modify this?

Dres
    Good shout, @[email protected]_DE - We'll look in to this :) 
  • HolyPizzaHolyPizza Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited April 8
    Andy | Holy Pizza Instagram